Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Saji Ya - St. Paul

We stopped at Saji Ya in St. Paul after picking up Xcel Energy Center tickets for the John Mayer show. I think Saji Ya is easily one of the top sushi restaurants in the Twin Cities. Being it was a Tuesday night, the restaurant was fairly quiet and we had no problem getting a seat at the bar. I really like their Agadashi Tofu, which is fried tofu served in tempura sauce with ground radish, ginger and scallions. For dinner we went with a couple signature rolls and some nigiri sushi. We shared the crunchy roll with shrimp tempura, masago, spicy mayo and tempura flakes. My favorite of the two was the Super Saji roll consisting of tuna, salmon, shrimp, yellow tail with spicy mayo and tempura flakes.

Saji Ya is located on Grand Avenue near Dale in Saint Paul.

3 comments:

B said...

Sounds SOOOooo Good!

Anonymous said...

love it there!!!!

Katie said...

Definitely my favorite sushi restaurant. I've never tried the tofu there but it sounds delicious-will be trying it next time I go!