Friday, September 25, 2009

Groveland Tap - St Paul

It seems the the Groveland Tap in Saint Paul has been trending upwards the last few years. They offer a very impressive selection of beer on tap and a very good bar-food menu. I've been there the last two Thursdays for taco night. The tacos are simple and great. Hard or soft, beef or chicken and served with a side of sour cream and salsa. I'm no hot sauce afficianado, but I'm now hooked on the Marie Sharps habanero pepper hot sauce from Belize. I would say the hard chicken is my favorite, but I like all of the four combinations. There is a different special every night except Saturday. It seems like Taco Thursdays is the most popular. Some other highlights off the menu are the fried cheese curds, which I think are some of the best in town, nachos, perogies, the Juicy Lucy and Philly Cheese Steak.

The Groveland Tap is located in the Mac-Grovland neighborhood of Saint Paul just off the corner of St Clair and Fairview. They feature a large game area and it's a great place to bring the kids.

2 comments:

B said...

I love The Tap! Such good burgers, its one of my favorite places to go before hitting up Plums and Tiffs!

B said...

MMm, I want a burger from the Tap for dinner! I always get so hungry reading this blog...