Saturday, March 15, 2008

Osaka Japanese Steakhouse

I was in Eden Prairie last week for a business meeting and someone suggested Osaka instead of the usual Biaggis. It’s about a mile away from Eden Prairie Center tucked behind a couple of hotels. I would have had no idea it was there if someone hadn’t pointed it out. The Aloha sign above the door was kind of confusing, I found myself wondering why the welcome sign was in Hawaiian instead of Japanese. One of my associates said he has seen some Minnesota Vikings players in there before.

The restaurant wasn’t very decorated, it was pretty plain. There were only a few other tables in the restaurant and one couple at the sushi bar. Our server was attentive but not overly friendly. Our shrimp and vegetable tempura appetizer came moments before our sushi, not really giving us a chance to enjoy it… but that is to be expected at sushi restaurants. I had both the Crazy Roll and the Angel Roll. Both were great. There was a lot of detail on both the rolls and the sauces served with them complimented them nicely. The meal was filling which surprised me because I’m not often full after sushi. I will definitely come back to try their Hibachi cuisine. When it comes to finding Sushi in the suburbs Osaka should not be overlooked.

No comments: