Thursday, December 28, 2006

Xcel Energy Center Club Level Pizza


I went to the Minnesota Wild hockey game on December 23rd. versus the Detroit Red Wings. Other than being treated to a superb hockey game, I got to enjoy one of the best pieces of pizza that I have ever had. I bought a couple of club level seats from Ticket King a few days prior to the game. The tickets were delivered to me via Fed Ex the next day. The representative at Ticket King explained to me that one of the best benefits of sitting in the club level at the Xcel Energy Center is the added amenities, such as the food options, that exist in that level. I was initially skeptical. How much nicer could the amenities be? How much better could the food be? Is it possible to spruce of your average large arena menu? By the end of the first period, I was a believer! The food highlight of the night was the piece of pizza. It was as good of a piece of pizza as you can find. I ordered a Piece of cheese pizza and was surprised to see that it was cooked in a wood oven and was topped with tons of fresh ingredients. Normally at an arena, when you order a piece of pizza, it’s either reheated or simply stale with virtually no flavor. I left the game thinking that I would buy a Minnesota Wild ticket just to get in to buy a piece of pizza. It proved to me that sporting events and good food are not mutually exclusive!
I found a cool blog if you want the latest on the ticket scene in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

No comments: